Special Conditions During Corona Virus Shutdown
For those affected by the Corona virus we are more than happy to extend the standard 30 day refund policy for online orders. Goods would still need to be kept in an unworn, saleable condition and meet our other requirements. In store we will extend the 30 day period to begin on the day we are able to re-open stores. We are unable to process refunds for goods purchased in store until our store network re-opens, we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
Returns & ExchangesWe are happy to provide the option of a full refund or exchange if the goods you receive are unsuitable or are no longer required. We issue all refunds as soon as reasonably possible and at the latest, within 30 days of agreeing to give the refund, taking into account the original method of payment. Goods must be returned unused, in pristine condition and with all packaging; you are required to take reasonable care of the item(s) while they are in your control.
30 Day Change of Mind GuaranteeAlthough we do our best to ensure that our pictures and descriptions explain our products as clearly as possible, sometimes you may find that when your items arrive they're not quite as you expected, or you may have simply changed your mind. Don't worry - we have a 30 day change of mind guarantee on all our products (excludes personalised, specially ordered items and rings outside our standard range; J-S for ladies and R-Z for men). This may differ for in-store purchases where pierced jewellery (earrings/body jewellery) can often not be returned for a refund or exchange. You will need to check this with a member of staff in store prior to committing to the purchase.
RefundsThese will always be given via the same method used to pay. In exceptional circumstances we may not be able to refund your card, so the refund will be made by way of a direct bank transfer (we will contact you directly if this is the case). Please never send your bank details in any form of written communication with us.
Connected Watches & SmartwatchesWhen returning Smart and Connected watches, additional conditions apply to ensure the item is returned in the condition in which it was received. If the product has been paired to a mobile device, then a factory reset must be performed on the watch to ensure all the connected information is erased. If this is not carried out by yourself prior to returning, we are unable to issue a refund.
If the watch has been registered on a Connected brand website or similar, then it cannot be returned as it will not possible to de-register it and it will always remain linked to your account. This means the item is no longer in the condition in which it was received and the return policy is no longer valid.
ExchangesFor most exchanges we kindly ask you return your original order for a full refund and order the replacement item online with a new order number; this way you will receive a more efficient service from us. If this is not possible then we can take any balance due over the phone on 0800 034 4637 / 01895 201040 (option 2) or via a PayPal transfer. Any balance owed to you will be refunded via the original method used to pay.
Ring Size ExchangesYou are required to return the ring to us with a completed Returns Form, clearly stating which size you would like instead. Your free size exchange includes any size within our standard size ranges (J-S for ladies rings and R-Z for men’s rings); sizes outside these ranges may be subject to a Bespoke Item Charge. If the new ring size is not available or possible, we will contact you via email or phone.
Please note, we only exchange ring sizes once free of charge after purchase and all rings must be returned in saleable condition. We reserve the right to decide if a ring is altered by a goldsmith or exchanged entirely, depending on size availability at the time.
Damaged or Incorrect ItemsIf goods are damaged in transit or you receive an incorrect item or size, please notify us immediately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning our Online Sales Team on 0800 034 4637 or 01895 201040 (option 2). Phones are manned weekdays, 9am - 5pm. You may be required to return the damaged goods to us before we can ship you a replacement. In this instance all return postage costs will be refunded via the method used to pay.
How to Return your OrderIN STORE
- Pop into any of our 115+ branches across England & Wales with your Order Confirmation email and/or your Returns Form. To find your nearest branch please head to our Store Locator
- Your parcel will be sent to Head Office on your behalf as all refunds are issued by our Online Sales Team. Your money will be returned as soon as your parcel is received back from the branch (can take 7-10 days). Once the refund has been authorised you will receive a confirmation email, but please allow a further 3-4 working days for funds to show back in your account
- The staff in store can arrange product exchanges
- If you paid in full or in-part with an F.Hinds Gift Card, the same amount will be returned to you in the post on a new Gift Card. Click to read more about F.Hinds Gift Cards
- Replace the item(s) in the relevant packaging (e.g. ring box) as well as using the protective outer packaging provided. If this protection has been discarded please ensure the goods are safely packed - if it damages in transit it may affect our ability to give a refund. If you are returning a gift item or clock for example, the item's box should not be tampered with i.e. covered with tape. Wrap the item in another protective box: this can be taped and secured. We will need to re-sell the item so please bear this in mind
- Complete the Returns Form provided and post to the ‘Online Customer Services’ address detailed on the form: send to this address only, not to any of our stores. This is not a prepaid label: you are responsible for covering all return costs, making sure enough has been paid to cover the contents of the parcel. If you have not paid enough, the costs incurred to us will be deducted from your refund
- Retain proof of postage from the Post Office (this is free of charge); if the parcel goes missing we cannot issue a refund without proof of your return
- If you paid in full or in part with an F.Hinds Gift Card, the same amount will be returned to you in the post on a new Gift Card. Click to read more about F.Hinds Gift Cards
"Cooling Off" PeriodIf you (or the recipient of your gift) are unhappy with any purchase, we will try to assist. As your purchase will have been made through distance selling methods (i.e. via the internet or over the phone), you are entitled by law to cancel the order within seven (7) days of receiving the goods. This is known as a 'cooling off' period.
If you intend to return goods under this provision, you are required to advise us in writing (by email to email@example.com) within 30 days of receiving the goods and to take reasonable care of the item(s) while they are in your control. Should you decide to do this, we will endeavour to provide you with a full refund as soon as possible.
All of the above is in addition to your statutory rights.