Due to the closure of our store network we are unable to take any reservation orders and have had to scale back the range of stock shown on the website.. We have restricted the range of products displayed online to those we have stock available for same/next day dispatch or where manufacturers are still able to supply items on a special order basis (these have longer delivery times between 2 and six weeks). We are still able to take and process orders for lines currently showing as available online and where offered would recommend choosing the 'Express Delivery' option. Thank you for your support and stay safe.
Diamond - April's Birthstone
Posted on: 01/04/2019
We’re so glad that April is here! Spring is in full swing and we’re excited for the warmer weather and pretty flowers. We've just had April Fools Day, and this month we’re also celebrating Easter Sunday on the 21st April and St. Georges Day on 23rd April! Those born in April are lucky enough to have the beautiful diamond as their birthstone, which is the purest gemstone of them all.
Its no secret that each birthstone is completely unique. With individual meanings dating back to ancient times, special powers and different colours, it comes as no surprise that birthstones are a popular gift choice.
The Colour of DiamondWhen we think of the colour of diamond we instantly think of a clean, colourless stone. Although colourless diamonds are very popular, diamonds also come in many vibrant colours such as green, red, pink, blue, canary yellow and amber. These “fancy” coloured diamonds are highly prized. The most notable coloured diamond could be the Winston Legacy diamond which is an 18.96-carat Fancy Vivid Pink diamond which was sold to Harry Winston in 2018 for $50,375,000.
- The word diamond comes from the Greek word “adamas”, which translates to invincible and indestructible. This makes sense because diamonds are the world’s hardest naturally occurring substance
- The Romans and Greeks believed that diamonds were the tears of the Gods
- The Romans placed diamonds at the tip of Cupid’s arrow, making this one of the earliest associations to love. No wonder diamonds are the perfect engagement ring stone!
- No two diamonds are the same. Like snowflakes, they’re uniquely beautiful
- The only thing that can scratch a diamond is another diamond
9ct Gold Two Colour Diamond Double Heart Necklace
9ct Gold Diamond Wishbone Ring
9ct Gold Diamond Solitaire Necklace
9ct White Gold Tanzanite and Diamond Cluster Earrings
Anne Klein Two Tone Diamond Set Bracelet Watch