Due to the closure of our store network we are unable to take any reservation orders and have had to scale back the range of stock shown on the website.. We have restricted the range of products displayed online to those we have stock available for same/next day dispatch or where manufacturers are still able to supply items on a special order basis (these have longer delivery times between 2 and six weeks). We are still able to take and process orders for lines currently showing as available online and where offered would recommend choosing the 'Express Delivery' option. Thank you for your support and stay safe.
Garnet - January's Birthstone
Posted on: 03/01/2019January babies are very lucky - not only do they start the New Year with a birthday celebration, they also have the beautiful garnet as their birthstone. Garnets are vivid red gemstones that symbolise faith, eternity, trust, friendship and truth, making them the ideal stone to start the New Year with!
It's no secret that each birthstone is completely unique. With individual meanings dating back to ancient times, special powers and different colours, it comes as no surprise that birthstones are a popular gift choice. If you know someone who's celebrating their birthday this month then why not surprise them with a beautiful garnet jewellery piece?
The Colour of GarnetEver wondered about the colour of the striking garnet? The most recognisable colour is definitely the deep red garnet. Deep red garnet jewellery rose to popularity in the Victorian era and still boasts a classic vintage feel today. Although garnets are most popular in deep red, they can also be found in almost every colour including brilliant green, raspberry pink and bright orange.
Facts About Garnet
- Garnets are named after the pomegranate seed due to their similar colours. The name comes from the Latin word "granatum" meaning "seed"
- It is said that Noah hung a large garnet in the Ark for illumination
- Garnets are said to give guidance in the night by protecting you from nightmares and promoting good sleep
- Some believe they even promote true love, and warn you of any danger by changing its colour
- As a representative of faith, garnets were also believed to provide the wearer with health and good fortune
- Some say garnets give the wearer a calming influence by healing and purifying the body
- Garnets are found in the USA, Africa, Sri Lanka, Brazil and India. Big red "Anthill" garnets can also be found in Arizona, USA.
Get the Look with F.Hinds Garnet JewelleryStyle tip: Garnet jewellery pieces are beautiful on their own, but match them with other garnet jewellery pieces for a striking and consistent look...
1. 9ct Gold Pear and Garnet and Diamond Stud Earrings
2. 9ct Gold Two Colour Garnet and Diamond Teardrop Necklace
3. Rolled Gold Silver Cubic Zirconia and Garnet Bangle
4. 9ct Gold Oval Garnet and Diamond Ring
Images and inspiration from Pinterest