Due to the closure of our store network we are unable to take any reservation orders and have had to scale back the range of stock shown on the website.. We have restricted the range of products displayed online to those we have stock available for same/next day dispatch or where manufacturers are still able to supply items on a special order basis (these have longer delivery times between 2 and six weeks). We are still able to take and process orders for lines currently showing as available online and where offered would recommend choosing the 'Express Delivery' option. Thank you for your support and stay safe.
Reviewed: The Misfit Shine 2
Posted on: 21/07/2017Misfit Wearables, the creators of the Misfit Shine 2, is a modern brand that began in 2011. Since 2011 Misfit Wearables have created a range of distinctive fitness and sleep trackers made for "mis-fits" - also known as people who have a unique way of seeing the world, and who quite often find they don't fit. Pairing contemporary design and style with technology, Misfit has managed to produce the Misfit Shine 2, an elegant yet versatile activity and sleep tracker.
The Misfit Shine 2 - What We Love About ItAvailable at F.Hinds in two modern colours - rose and black, the Misfit Shine 2 is not just a fitness tracker, it's a slick fashion accessory that's really easy to set up.
We're all familiar with the terms smartwatch and tracking device, but you're still probably wondering; "What does the Misfit Shine 2 actually do?" We've tried and tested this small, powerful device and picked out the most useful features. Read on to find out why we love the Misfit Shine 2 so much...
Steps, Distance And CaloriesThis is perhaps the most useful and important feature of the timepiece. The Shine 2 tracks how many steps you do, how far you travel and how many calories you have burned that day. Give your Misfit two taps and the display will let you know how close you are you achieving your daily goal!
You Never Need To Take It OffUnlike most other fitness trackers, the Misfit Shine 2 never needs charging! It has up to 6 months of battery life so you can keep a constant and accurate track of your data. What's even better is that the Misfit Shine 2 is water resistant up to 50 metres, so it even tracks your progress while you're swimming! It's perfect if you want to have a cool dip in the pool on your summer holiday.
Tracking Your SleepThe Misfit Shine 2 doesn't just track your daily activity, it tracks your sleep activity too! It collects all your data whilst you sleep and displays it in the Misfit app (more about this in the next paragraph). It lets you know how many minutes you were awake for, in a light sleep for and in a restful sleep for.
The Misfit App - View Your Daily GoalsAvailable for iOS and Android, the Misfit app makes the Misfit Shine 2 experience way more interesting and personal. It displays every bit of data that has been collected whilst you've been wearing your Misfit in graphs and diagrams. It lets you:
- See how many points you've gathered vs. your daily target
- See how many miles you've travelled walking, running or swimming
- See how many calories you've burned
- See how many steps you've taken
- See how much more activity you have remaining in order to complete your daily goal e.g. 45 minutes walking, 15 minutes running and 20 minutes swimming
- Find your friends on the app via the 'Social' icon and connect with them. You can compare how you're doing that day compared to your friends...is it time for some friendly competition?
- Track your sleep. You can tell the app when you're going to sleep and what time you want to wake up. When it's time for you to wake up, your Shine 2 will wake you up gently with its vibration feature
- See your overall progress on your profile. Your profile (under the 'Me' icon) displays your goals, highlights, average sleep and total distance travelled overall
Additional Quirky And Fun FeaturesThere are a ton of different features for you to play with on your Shine 2 and on the Misfit app, but there are also a few quirky additions that make your Shine 2 even more exciting:
- The Shine 2 has a 'selfie smart button' so that you can take a hands free selfie whenever you need to
- You can connect your Misfit to your music app on your smartphone and control what you're listening to from your wrist!
- The Shine 2 has a vibration feature that gives you a nudge when you've been sat for too long and need to get moving!
- The vibration feature also lightly nudges you on a morning when it's time for you to wake up. It wakes you up as gently and as naturally as possible.