Spring and Summer 2018 Jewellery Trends
Posted on: 26/03/2018Even though the British weather has been all over the place the past two weeks, we can't help but get excited for spring and summer anyway! The flowers are beginning to sprout, the clocks have changed and our personalities are starting to feel that little bit more vibrant. With a new season comes new trends, and we can't wait to show you what jewellery trends spring and summer 2018 has to bring us...
NatureIt's not long before we'll be able to go outside without a coat or 10 layers of clothing, plus we'll be able to walk outside for more than half an hour without having to run back inside to get warm, oh the joys! If we're going to be spending more time with nature, walking in the park or visiting an animal sanctuary, then we might as well dress for the occasion!
NauticalNo doubt we'll be going on a spring/summer break at some point, or we might even visit a small seaside town and spend the day there. If a trip to the seaside is on the cards for you this year then you're in luck - pearls and sea-themed jewellery is making a comeback!
AnkletsAnklets are a reoccurring accessory this season and we couldn't be happier, they make the perfect holiday companion. Whether it's something subtle or something with a bit of an edge, you definitely want to be wearing one in 2018.
Layered NecklacesA question our customers commonly ask us is "how do we layer our necklaces?" Layered necklaces have been a running trend for the past couple of years and it shows no sign of stopping yet! Wearing lighter clothing means that there's more chance for you to show off your necklace layering skills, here are our tips:
Tips for Layering Necklaces
- Begin by layering simple chains at different lengths rather than statement pieces. Then add charms and pendants as you go
- Don't wear too many pendants at the same time though, otherwise they'll look jumbled and may tangle (that's an impossible situation to get out of!)
- Don't wear too many chains that are the same length either as they could tangle too
- Once you build your confidence and buy new pieces, begin to add more statement necklaces to your look
- Choose different chain types like Belcher, Curb, Spiga and Prince of Wales chains. It's the tiny differences that add more depth
- Don't mix white gold or plated metals with each other, as the plating could rub off
- Make it personal with some charms.
- Tie everything together with some bold earrings!
Spring-Summer 2018 Layered Necklace Looks
Look 1 features two pretty pendants with different chain lengths and a plain 20-inch wide link curb chain. The different chain lengths and widths in this look makes each piece stand out in its own unique way, even though there are two prominent pieces.
Look 2 is perfect if you prefer something a little simpler. The plain 16-inch chain keeps the focus on this sweet two-colour deer pendant. How cute!